So here we are...12 years later. My awesome husband whisked me away for our anniversary... no kids, no busy schedules, and no time restraints! It was bliss! By complete surprise...he called me, told me to get an overnight bag packed and a change of clothes for the kids, they were going to stay w/ friends. Be ready in 1 hour! I was so excited...I quickly put a bag together, showered, and organized the kiddos. Then I waited in giddy anticipation! Our final destination was Leavenworth, WA. A beautiful little touristy town...not too far away. We had a cute little room, had a wonderful dinner, and enjoyed each others company with no distractions (well, a little distraction when we talked to Mae for a minute or two...she was a little gloomy, missing Mom & Dad) She cheered up once she gabbed w/ us for a minute...and our dinner continued in dreamy conversation and fanciful planning...
I have to tell you a little about my honey. He is one of the most amazing blessings in my life! He truly is my better half. He's the patient one, the teacher, the rock, the encourager, the kind hearted, the compassionate, the listener, and my best friend. My life would be incomplete without him. There's so many things I love about him...but I wouldn't be able to list them all here. I will however, share my top 20 things I love about Andy:
1. He loves Jesus Christ with all his heart.
2. He never complains about work (to me).
3. He writes me little notes, on whatever's handy, and leaves them for me :-)
4. He always tells me he loves me when we hang up the phone.
5. He cares about my feelings, and he's always the first to say I'm sorry.
6. He irons my clothes for me...
7. He takes care of our lawn, house, and flowers...
8. It's really hard for him to say "no" when I ask for something.
9. He's the best dad in the world!
10. He cares about how he looks...especially for me :-)
11. He puts gas in my car when it's on "E".
12. Out of the blue, he brings me little gifts.
13. He rubs my neck, and shoulders when I have a bad headache.
14. He surprises me when I least expect it!
15. He knows my favorite candy bar :-)
16. He surprises me with coffee!!!
17. He loves my family (the in-laws)
18. He calls me everyday when he leaves work.
19. He doesn't complain when I don't cook (which is often)
20. He encourages me to follow my dream
Hope you enjoyed hearing me ramble on about my hubby...sometimes all we hear about are the jerks and rotten husbands out there. I wanted to give a little love to all the wonderful guys that support us, put up with us, and love us! I love you Andy...