Tuesday, December 27, 2011
Sunday, December 18, 2011
Tuesday, December 13, 2011
Hope your day is filled with Christmas spirit, and may you get everything accomplished you set out to do!
Friday, December 9, 2011
Monday, September 12, 2011
I would give up a kid (or two) to jump inside this cup right now
Wishing this had been my contentment
Building a shop from the ground up
My beautiful white Wisteria, how I miss looking out my window at you
Friday, August 19, 2011
Friday, February 25, 2011
Wednesday, February 16, 2011
Tuesday, February 8, 2011
Friday, February 4, 2011
Friday, January 28, 2011
Instead of posting Currently, on my list, I wrote something back at the begining of the month and it read like this Realistic. Along the same lines as this post, but just a little less in depth. Anyhoo...here's my original post that I should of just posted:
I have a tendency to sit around (a lot!) moan, groan, procrastinate, whine, and not accomplish much. LET'S break the cycle...can I get an AMEN! I've stacked up a list of projects, ideas, and goals that have cycled through my creative halo (horns?) for the past year. Of course I shelve them all, way up there in the back corner to collect draggy dust. HELLO, Dolly...it's a new year, new time, a new direction! Take a looky-lu at a few of my New Year aspirations...
1. Learn how to use my Macbook Pro, Papa Bear bought me a one on one membership along with my laptop...and I seriously need to go in for a class.
2. I've become a slacker, a slug, a little too lax-a-daisy...in other words: LAZY. In many area's of my life...my physical self, my house, my hobbies, my marriage. So, I'm on the hunt for some major motivation (any good council on this subject will be greatly appreciated)
3. Learn how to use my camera. What an amazing birthday gift (from Papa Bear) and I still can't even get a good, Canon picture! Sheesh...
4. Somehow, someway learn how to dress. I have an image of myself, and I want to define part of who I am through style, the kind of style that expresses my personality. Because of my weight gain over the last year, I've lost the ability to put anything remotely acceptable together from my wardrobe. It's positively devastating to my self esteem presently...
5. Get my sewing/office room organized. It's an ever-growing affliction on my ability to create or do anything productive. A revolving door of sorts. I begin to straighten/organize, feel good, get distracted...begin to sew. Never finish, truly finish, make another GIGANTIC mess, cannot begin another project because of the chaotic disarray. This goal sort of leads into the my next grandiose idea...
6. Sort/Budget/Organize my financials. I have bills, papers, statements, receipts piled EVERYWHERE! I cannot, for the life of me, get this CRAP organized. Feeling so overwhelmed is an understatement. It's ONE of the TWO reasons, I can't seem to get our finances straightened out. (#2 reason, I'm a procrastinator...but we won't discuss that, since I'm desperately trying to overcome that!)
7. Finish my quilt from 2010 Not Your Mama's Quilt club. I love it, especially all the different women who took time each month to put squares together and be part of the special group Marci and I put together.
8. Make a new duvet cover for my bed using this tutorial...I heart Anthropologie
9. Get serious and help "J" 1 prepare for college. He will be a senior next year...HOLY COW!!!
Something's not adding up, I cannot possibly old enough to have a college student!!!??? REALLY???
10. Exercise...regularly. Try like 3x a week. I HAVE to do it, and believe it or not...I've started. Thanks for hang'n in there with me gf :)
***Update: I have started Weight Watchers, lost 10+ lbs., started & finished many projects, made some $$$, initiated a Women's Retreat at our church, and started taking more photos! Yes...I can proudly say I am on my way...