Monday, November 29, 2010
Along those thoughts...wondering where they got those insane wish lists...here's just a few things that I would like Santa to put under the tree for lil' ol me :)
1. MacBook Pro, 3 very close friends have went Mac and the word is...you never go back! I'm READY to go Mac!
2. Dansko boots: Penelope...I think they would look fabulous on my feet...just say'n
3. I'm not much into Ed Hardy...but when I got a whiff of this perfume...instantly in Love!
4. This sweater from Anthro would keep me oh so toasty & warm, not to mention most stylish...
5. If Santa is feeling generous...it would be nice to have the option of coat or sweater, right? I've been spying this beauty:
6. I don't have one of these...yet, I'm thinking a stocking stuffer?
7. I love music...this would be my pick, Youth Novels by Lykke Li
8. Don't judge...I can't help it, I'm obsessed
9. This book looks great...hope I find it under the tree :)
10. This fabric, Nest by Valori Wells in Autumn would be a dream...
Keep in mind this is just my WISH list...that's what I keep telling the 4J's anyhow. It's all about the dreaming right, not always getting! Merry (early) Christmas ladies...God bless you and your families!
Tuesday, November 23, 2010
Originally uploaded by ytoabn
As Thanksgiving rolls around, I become a Christmas widow...yet I'm thankful for FedEx. Yes, it's been a struggle at times, in the last 15 years watching my husband climb the cooperate ladder, but rewarding too. He's become a strong leader, intelligent decision maker, and a definite problem solver. He's dedicated to his family, which has made him a loyal employee to FedEx. God blessed him with amazing character traits such as honesty and integrity, as well as perseverance. I am proud to be his wife...
Thank you God for my husband, his work ethic, and the amazing company that he works for.
Monday, November 22, 2010
Wednesday, November 17, 2010
Originally uploaded by Louis Abate
I was introduced to a new drink yesterday...Chai Apple Cider! It was so good...sweet, spicy, tangy, and hot...I never new what I was missing out on. I can only do a 12oz...it's pretty intense, but oh so worth it. Thanks Ashley for the introduction. I will be ordering a Chaider more often!
Monday, November 15, 2010
I DID'NT EVEN WANT TO KNOW 1 RANDOM THING ABOUT YOU
Originally uploaded by busyPrinting
Too bad, here goes...I'm going to give you a random list of things about me:
1. My parents married when I was three...for the first two years of life with my Dad, I called him Richard...I wouldn't call him "dad".
2. Dr. Pepper and Doritos are my absolute favorite junk food.
3. I'm really not an animal person AT ALL...not that I'm mean to them or anything, I just don't like them all that much (and I own a Maltese/Pomeranian mix, go figure)
4. The older I get, the harder it is for me to eat other people's cooking...why is that?
5. I struggle with my weight, eating right, and exercise.
6. I really WANT to be artistic, but I don't think I am.
7. I can honestly tell you that I truly feel like my husband and I have a "One of a Kind Love".
8. Never, NEVER did I plan on having kids...and I now have 4 at age 36.
9. Listening to Led Zeppelin really puts me in the mood...
10. If I could, I would higher a personal shopper because I have no idea how to dress myself.
Saturday, November 13, 2010
Even though I'm older, settled, and a bit routine...I hope I never lose that bit of magic and wonder inside of me. Don't let life drain it out of you, it will you know...if you let it.
Friday, November 12, 2010
Originally uploaded by thejoyof
Can you believe Christmas (MY VERY FAVORITE!) is right around the corner? I keep thinking about it and it just makes me giddy with anticipation! I feel like the love of Christ and for Christ deepens around the time of year that we celebrate his birth, which in turn, flows out of me. Well...that is my hope and prayer anyway. I'm especially excited this year, because my family is doing some different (special) things for Christmas this year. Can't wait to share with you what it is, but I am going to hold off until it actually happens. Yep, I am going to keep this secret...bet your wondering, huh? Don't be irritated with me, just think of it as having to wait until Christmas to open your present.
I've been a busy lady lately (when am I not?) and a sweet (newish) friend of mine has decided to step in and work along side me with Dicey Jane Threads. She and her family moved into our neighborhood last February or March...can't remember. Anyhow, we met each other at the bus stop and we've been friends ever since. What I found out eventually is she LOVES to sew, too! How cool is that? So, not only do we each have a GANG of kids...we both love to create things! So, I should say WE'VE been busy, sewing and creating. We've done a couple of Holiday Bazaar's and it's been a blast just being out together and meeting new people! Here's a little snapshot of me and my new partner in crime...it's not a great shot, but I new we would be great friends when she told me how she was obsessed with Twilight, JUST LIKE ME!!!! That's where we are in this photo...standing outside in the cold, waiting to go see Eclipse!
We're keeping our fingers crossed that we can get some of our new stuff entered into the Etsy shop, but it hasn't happened yet, hopefully in the next week or two you can check in and find some super cute things!
I came across the vintage photo up above on Flickr and it was a perfect description of all my Christmas love...enjoy!