Friday, November 12, 2010

Right around the corner


Vintage Christmas
Originally uploaded by thejoyof

Can you believe Christmas (MY VERY FAVORITE!) is right around the corner? I keep thinking about it and it just makes me giddy with anticipation! I feel like the love of Christ and for Christ deepens around the time of year that we celebrate his birth, which in turn, flows out of me. Well...that is my hope and prayer anyway. I'm especially excited this year, because my family is doing some different (special) things for Christmas this year. Can't wait to share with you what it is, but I am going to hold off until it actually happens. Yep, I am going to keep this secret...bet your wondering, huh? Don't be irritated with me, just think of it as having to wait until Christmas to open your present.

I've been a busy lady lately (when am I not?) and a sweet (newish) friend of mine has decided to step in and work along side me with Dicey Jane Threads. She and her family moved into our neighborhood last February or March...can't remember. Anyhow, we met each other at the bus stop and we've been friends ever since. What I found out eventually is she LOVES to sew, too! How cool is that? So, not only do we each have a GANG of kids...we both love to create things! So, I should say WE'VE been busy, sewing and creating. We've done a couple of Holiday Bazaar's and it's been a blast just being out together and meeting new people! Here's a little snapshot of me and my new partner in crime...it's not a great shot, but I new we would be great friends when she told me how she was obsessed with Twilight, JUST LIKE ME!!!! That's where we are in this photo...standing outside in the cold, waiting to go see Eclipse!



We're keeping our fingers crossed that we can get some of our new stuff entered into the Etsy shop, but it hasn't happened yet, hopefully in the next week or two you can check in and find some super cute things!

I came across the vintage photo up above on Flickr and it was a perfect description of all my Christmas love...enjoy!

2 comments:

Princess Amy said...

I am very thankful for our friendship...our love for sewing, Twilight,family and Christ(saved the best for last).

Charity Watts said...

You know it girl...Friends Forever!