Sunday, December 18, 2011

Another Adventure

Here I am...starting another adventure. Crazy, huh? Let me just say, no adventure=boring life...so I tell myself.

When we moved to CA, I decided to take care of my 4 nieces & nephew. My two brothers & their wives all work and I've always been a SAHM, so I thought easy-peasy, right? Taking care of the little ones should be a breeze? UHHH...no way, Jose! Not so! I have a new-found respect for child care providers & day care centers. HOW do you guys do it? I mean, I'm soooooooo past this stage in my life. I suppose you could look at it like this, as my 4 "J's" have grown & changed, so has their Mama! Through each stage in their lives, the Lord has transitioned me into a new chapter and it's really difficult to move backwards with the little ones (3, 4, 5, & 6yrs) Not to mention all the family drama that goes into, well, working with family! Not a good situation to say the least!

Fast forward, after weeks of contemplation, I've decided stop taking care of the "littles" and go to work in a salon. WHAT??? Crazy, unexpected idea, huh? Doing what, you ask? Nails...yes, I am a certified, licensed Manicurist. I've had my license for twelve years and I've NEVER worked a day in a salon. The story behind that decision, I decided to work out of my home (doing nails) to be there for the kiddos. (I won't mention the fact that I was utterly & completely terrified to go to work in a salon!)

I'm super nervous, but excited too! I haven't worked outside the home in 15 years...HOLY COW, I know! I do have a plan, sort of half-baked, but a plan none the less. I will only be working 3 days a week (like Tues. Thurs. and every other Sat.) If you work in the beauty biz, you HAVE to work Saturdays. Bummer, but that's the deal.

This is the ONE service that I'm totally psyched to offer my clients:

SHELLAC


This product is AMAZING! It goes on like polish, (lots of colors to choose from) and wears like acrylic. The natural nail is protected and strong, without the heaviness of acrylic. It takes minutes to apply and SECONDS to remove! I am in love...

Here is a shot of my nails...not a GREAT pic, but you get the idea. I added loose glitter to the tips in a fade. How do you like???
Here goes noth'n...I'm jumping in feet first, keeping my fingers crossed that my adventure will take me to new places and welcome me to new & exciting friends.

P.S. If anyone reading this, lives in the Kingsburg area, look me up...that's where I will be working!


No comments: