Sunday, April 26, 2009

The Lilly Apron

Just a little sewing...had to get my fix while Andy was gone fishing...

I haven't decided yet how I actually like the "appearance" of the apron, considering J "15" told me I looked like I was expecting again. Still, it's very comfortable and it's not tight anywhere, so that's a plus, right? The Lilly apron is a pretty easy pattern to follow and was fun to make. I'm positive I'll make it again with a few minor adjustments here and there. I've missed sewing seeewww much lately I had to just sit down and make myself do it. Not because I didn't want to, only because I had so many other things that needed to be done first. Sometimes, I need to stop and remember what keeps my gas tank full (not that Jesus doesn't do that fully) but I still need to keep my creative wheels turning. Sewing is a passion for me...right along with Jesus my best friend. He planted a joy in my heart for creating and sewing and when I deprive myself from it, I tend to become a little melancholy, short tempered, sometimes even resentful. So today I thank you God for allowing me to create this cute little apron to wear around my home while I do your business of attending my family...oh, and yes...I will do it with a smile on my face along with style and grace! Have a great week girlfriends!






I almost forgot...some awesome garage sale finds this weekend...fabric, of course

P.S. I forgot to add this too...head on over to Southern Hospitality and share your great finds


2 comments:

Wendy Girl said...

Very Cute Girly..
I am making a cute little apron right now...I stole some of my moms vintage 1975 fabric...So Much fun..

the undomesticated wife said...

Very cool fabric! I never find stuff like that at sales here.