Friday, June 6, 2008

The Very First...


So...here's my first diaper bag. Let me tell you, I had absolutely no idea what I was doing. No pattern, no direction, and to be totally honest, no business even trying to pull it off. However, after many, many long nights and frustrating weeks I finally finished it. There are a lot of things I would like to change now, but as they say, hind sight is 20/20. So, it is what it is and I think my BFF liked it regardless of how many times I've picked it apart. I really love the fabric and in the photos it looks even better!
As I've developed my own personal flair for fabric & sewing, I've learned so much from this incredible group of crafty women in my new found blog world and I positively relish in it! I don't go a day (well, o.k. maybe a few) without checking in to some of my favorite blogs. I'm utterly addicted...and I'm love'n it! The tips, advice, ideas, and inspiration I get from all of them is out of this world! So many things I've come across throughout my life ( keeping in mind to all things there is a season) and I've never really found the great "it" thing. You know what I mean? Not too long ago I would look around me at other women and secretly think: Why can't I be like her? What do I feel connected to? Am I good at anything? Why don't I have any special interests? Is there anything that's interesting about me? What is significant about me? This is tad bit deep, so bear with me. I shared all this only to say that I've found something. I'm not losing interest, I've become good at something, I'm inspired! So...thanks to all of you women out there that have brought me to this place...it's a great place to be :-)

No comments: