Monday, September 15, 2008

Soul food


Hello blogger buddies! It's been some time since I've posted, but with very good reason. We've had lots of changes around the Watts castle, and well...it hasn't been an easy transition for us. We had some firsts this past week...
Jacks 1st day of Middle School

Jaycee Mae's 1st day of Kindergarten

Last, but not least Pink's 1st day in 4th grade


Being a stay-at-home mom, raising 4 kids is quite a job. I've had all the ups & downs, as most SAH moms do, but I so vividly remember Jaycee being my last little chick in the nest...thinking to myself...when she starts kindergarten I'll finally get "mom time"...finally do something for me...finally do whatever I want! Hmmm...it didn't happen, it hasn't happened, I don't think it will. Why you ask? I believe it's simply because I've been doing what I wanted to do for 14, almost 15 years now... being a mother. I'm doing what God created me to do. Profound, no...not really, just a simple but wonderful calling that I am blessed to be able to live out. Honestly, God has revealed many things to me over the past month, and I've never been happier. My life isn't perfect by no means, but is it fulfilled...yes, is it blessed...abundantly, is it following Gods plan...I sure hope so! Being at the center of my family has been feeding me...all this time, nourishing my soul. Wow, can you believe it? I'm quickly realizing God knew what he was doing with my life all along, how about that? Funny how something ordinary, like sending your baby off to school, would open up a new chapter in your life, but it has. I thank God for the change, because life's too short to doddle around thinking poor me, what am I going to do...all I am is a mother. A mother, today I look at that and think... praise God for allowing me to become a mother, I couldn't ask for anything better! I wouldn't trade places with anyone, (o.k...maybe with a millionaire, but only because after a day or two with the "J" crew, they'd be begging me to trade back!)

P.S. Can't leave out the first born...I'd never hear the end of it...

The oldest of the "J" crew





3 comments:

Amber Strehle said...

You post is beautiful, thanks so much for the reminder of how important motherhood is..for me it seems to get lost in all of the laundry and dishes, you have made my morning..now off to make lunches, comb hair and make the drive to school!

Anonymous said...

I love, love, love that post and I'VE MISSED YOU!!!! Welcome back. I completely identify with those 'motherhood' moments you're describing. It's all I ever wanted to be and it's such a blessing.

Yarni Gras! said...

what a beautiful family.........